Drawn conversations will take place on a wall in the Cement Loop gallery (a small, intimate room). The photo above is a made up/quickie example of the drawing conversation that I am proposing. Following are instructions for participation artists:
Instructions when making an original drawing:
- Make a drawing with no limitation on the contents as long as it fits in a sletchbook size (approximately 6 x 6 inches, aspect ratio is of no importance).
- On the right side of the drawing write your initials followed by an arrow pointing to the right, followed by the initials of the artist or artists (if multiple artists, utilize slashes between each person’s). If you want everyone to have an opportunity to draw a response, write ALL.
- Take a digital photo (easiest with a cell camera) and send to the artist(s) (phone numbers provided via previous text to all artists)
Instructions when you receive a drawing from another artist
- Your receive a buzzing and a drawing is revealed to you. At this point, you can either make a drawing or pass on that drawing.
- If you pass, you are done.
- If you accept, make a drawing in response. The way you choose to respond is up to you.
- On the left hand side of the drawing, parrot the code too the drawing that was sent to you. This will help me join your drawing in sequence later in the gallery. On the right hand side of the drawing, assemble a code with your initials, a right hand arrow, and the initial(s) of those you want to send the drawing to. If you want to send to all drawers, write the letters A L L
- Take a photo and send via cell phone to the other artists (with the phone numbers previously provided).
Many conversations may appear on the gallery wall, some may elicit more interaction, while some may be islands.
All drawings should be at an intimate scale. Approximately, 6″ x 6″. Paper choice is open. Size approximately 6″ x 6″, but that is not absolute. Sketchbook size. Aspect ratio can be different.
It is highly encouraged to strike up conversations with persons one is unfamiliar with.
Show occurred Sunday Nov 23rd at Cement Loop Studios in Austin, tx
6p to 9p